Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

Medical Illustrator

Duties and Responsibilities: They make detailed drawings for textbooks and other publications used by physicians and students. They may illustrate the steps surgeons take during operations or draw pictures of both healthy and diseased body parts to show the effects of illness. Medical illustrators also build models of body parts for use in lectures or seminars. In some cases they help to create artificial parts, such as ears or eyes, for patients who need them. Illustrations are important to physicians and students because they show details of structures that are difficult to find in the actual body or in photographs.

Salary: $59,000

Education: most schools of medical illustration require applicants that have a bachelor’s degree and token courses in biological sciences and in art. Graduate training programs for medical illustrators last two or three years.



Reflection: I wouldn’t like to work as a medical illustrator. First of all, I’m a bad drawer I suck at drawing. I would never be able to draw what they draw. I mean I think this a really cool job but it’s not a job I would like to work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment